Saturday, December 08, 2007

Sponge Bob Deconstructed

Theron woke me up out of a sound sleep this morning to ask did I want to hear a song. No, I did not. But after a bowl of cereal for each of us, okay. He had discovered karaoke in his Sponge Bob videos special features. The song is Ripped Pants. Theron warned me, "It's really a sad song". Okay, I nodded. The song is how he is rejected by a certain someone because he ripped his pants. When it was over he says to me, "See, I told you it was sad". Okay, I say again. Then he looks at me with those serious blue eyes and says, "I really don't understand how it can be that he ended up with no one". I was speechless.
Theron went throught the lyrics trying to figure it out and finally concluded that since the song was from the episode entitled "Ripped Pants" what we really need to do is find that episode and hopefully that will explain what happened.
Then we watched a song called Fun where I made the mistake of saying I like Plankton because he's funny and Theron reminded me that Plankton is actually a bad guy. "He's the arch enemy of Sponge Bob, Patrick, Mr Crab and all of Bikini Bottom. Remember that time he put chum buckets on everyone's heads and controlled them?" No, I didn't remember that, but I will now.
Yay, Ash comes home today! Theron says that's the main thing he's excited about, but after that he's really excited about something that starts with Ch. Ash said he must mean cheese, he's really excited about cheese.

No comments: