Oh, geez, this has been a busy week. My friend, Yadin, and I did a program at the museum Saturday on quilt care, focusing specifically on a silk quilt she treated for us from 1892. It was very well attended and very well received. Quilters are super enthusiastic about the topic.
I spent the rest of the weekend doing NOTHING. Nothing. Nothing.
This week I actually got caught up on the obligations I had in which someone was bound to yell at me. So as of NOW, as far as I know, no one wants to kill me. Other people may want to send me sad-faced emoticons, but I'll get to them, too.
Have you guys seen the video on the Sloth Orphanage? You must see this - you didn't know sloths were soooo adorable! I want to work there!!!!
Another super great time waster... "Young Me, Now Me" photo contest. If you don't see something that makes you LOL you are dead inside. LOVE it!!!
So now I'm planning for the summer. By the way, you can't REALLY complain about the weather out here, but I do have a thing or two to say about it going from gloomy to Hades. Gasping for air in your car like a skeleton in the desert.
That reminds me - Palm Springs!!!! Must go.
- Prepare for Theron's 9th birthday! since he's been 8 for a thousand years.
- Prepare for the conference presentations Ashley and I will hopefully be approved to do with our friends this spring.
- Bake Pies. Yum!
- Grow Tomatoes!
- Have a "Try a New Recipe on Your Friends" get together.
- Cast Iron! I read a tutorial on the net called "Yes, You can cast iron!" and it was only one page, so it must be easy!
- Make my own underwear! There's a reason I have a huge bag of fold-over elastic in rainbow colors.
- Organize the garage!
- Learn to make sophisticated Jello creations! (the Jello Mold Mistress of Brooklyn, via The Splendid Table).
Okay, that's probably enough for now...