Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Birthday at last Ashley was finally well enough to celebrate Sunday night with 4 lbs of crab legs and angel food cake with strawberries (Theron had two helpings). In the future we have decided that 3 lbs is probably the family limit. My final gifts needed more tweaking and as usual and I can't and won't finish anything without Ashley's input, so the quilted subway map above needs a few things. I also made him a little sign with his initial out of old NY Metrocards. Since I didn't have any I put an ad on Craigslist and a nice woman sent me 42 right away, in the middle of a snowstorm, and she saved me from answering any of the other crazy replies I had to the ad asking for anything from $50 to a set of collectable "shooter" glasses.

Theron gave him some new books and a thermos.
Theron's doing great. Lately he's been jumping out of bed and putting on his shirt and socks, prerequisites to cartoon watching, without any prompting. He's been doing subtraction at school and he and daddy quiz on it at night before bed.

No comments: